If you find that you are constantly asking yourself “where does the time go?” each day, it might be a great idea to ponder the thought of setting a morning routine. Creating a morning routine for success is the best thing you can do for productivity and checking off more tasks on your list.
- As soon as you wake up, create a habit of making your bed, opening up the blinds and preparing a clean space before leaving the bedroom. This simple task will already allow more room for creative thinking and less cluttered thoughts.
- Before getting ready for the day, focus on a few minutes of guided meditation or sit still in silence before you become present for your day. Allowing yourself this space of silence can promote mindfulness and calmness throughout the day.
- Create a to-do list. Personally, this is a huge help when it comes to productivity. When I create a list of things that need to get done from greatest to least, I find myself already in a better mindset to get these done as it creates guidance for my day.
- Start with a healthy breakfast. One of my favourite breakfasts for productivity is a smoothie. Not only does it only take a few minutes, but you can take it on the go with you and ensure you are giving your body those potent nutrients to start your day with focus and clarity. I love adding in fruit, leafy greens, chia seeds, protein powder and a creamy nut milk like cashew milk.
- Get a workout in first thing in the morning. Working out right in the morning is known to give us better energy and focus all day long. Plus, you don’t have to carve out time later on in the day to get it done this way. I recommend working with a trainer or signing up at a studio to ensure you are getting the best out of your session.
- Allow yourself extra time to get to your destinations. Once you arrive early, you can give yourself this time to prepare, work, or meditate instead of sitting in traffic or losing time in racing thoughts.
These are just a few things that you can do to set yourself up for success first thing in the morning. My best recommendation is to start slow and implement one of these tips into your morning routine slowly until it becomes a habit.